Saturday, August 23, 2014

Stitch Fix #2

My second Stitch Fix box came today!  A few days early!  Woohoo!  It's always like Christmas morning!


I got a nice note from my stylist, who was different from the last one.


I could tell my stylist read my notes.  I had put a link to a certain type of top that I like and I wasn't sure what it was it called.  And I got a shirt and a dress with that type of top!

Unfortunately, as I lay out all of my items, I knew right away that there was going to be an overall issue.  And I was right.  I'll get there.

First up, 41Hawthorn McQue Solid Lace Sleeve Blouse $48


Super cute!


I LOVED the lace sleeves!  And the color!


BUT it was too big!  Hard to tell in this shot


See..too big...

If it was smaller like this, then it would have been perfect!

Verdict: Returning

Mystree Abigail Colorblock Lace Trim Top $58


Again..pretty!!


Love the color and detailing but while I was hanging it up, I noticed the back was sheer and I had asked for nothing to be sent that I had to wear a tank/cami under.  But it was cute so I willing to overlook it.


But again too big.  It's hard to tell in these shots.


If it was pulled tighter, again, it would be a keeper.

Verdict: Returning

41Hawthorn Winselt Silk Scar Print Halter Top $88


This is one of the ones the stylist grabbed for me because I like how the strap area was.


I loved the scarf design.


But again, too big!

Verdict: Returning

Collective Concepts Jacqui Geo Print Maxi Dress $54


I love the top area!


And the detailing on the back was interesting too!


But too big. It made me look really wide and I can't pull off those dresses with the elastic waist areas.  I need to put that in my notes.

Verdict: Returning

Collective Concepts Ahlia Keyhole Colorblocked Dress $54


This one, I was not a fan of right off the bat.  The only one my stylist missed on, style wise.  And it is HORRIBLE on.  I debated even posting the picture, but figured I should in case anyone else is looking for the dress.  But ugh.  Soooo unflattering!


Verdict: Can't return quick enough!



So overall my total was $336.  If I had bought everything, with the $20 I had already paid and the "buy everything" discount, the total would have been $237.

Sadly, this Stitch Fix was a fail.  The overall theme was that almost everything was too big.  But I'm blaming myself.  Most of the shirts I buy myself are medium and that's what I put in my profile.  But I'm finding that I think I need a small in the shirts they're sending me so I changed my size to a Small.  Now I just hope they aren't too small!

But style wise, my stylist hit 4 out of 5 of them right on the head!  If I can just the sizing right, the next box should be a hit!

I told myself that if I got a box that was a complete fail, that I couldn't get another one for 6 weeks.  I debated keeping one of them, just so I wouldn't lose out on the $20 styling fee.  The one that I would have kept was the Mystree Abigail Colorblock Lace Trim Top but it would have still been another $38 and I just didn't like it enough for that.

If you'd like your own Stitch Fix, you can sign up here

http://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3868441

(it's my referral code and I do get credit)

Have you used Stitch Fix?  If so, how did it work out for you?  Or are you planning on trying one?  If so, let me know how it goes.  I love seeing all the outfits!!

No comments:

Post a Comment