Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Stitch Fix Boxes #3 and #4

I've been such a bad blogger lately.  I'm just so busy and haven't been good about posting.  And I completely forgot to post about my 3rd Stitch Fix box.

Stitch Fix #3

I had another stylist this time.  Unfortunately, I thought most of the pieces were kinda boring.  Not my fav box.


Skies are Blue Baylee Crochet Detail Tank-- $48


It was okay looking hanging up


And I paired it with Mavi Freida Regular Length Skinny Jean--$118


I don't like skinny jeans and had put this in my profile.


When I put it on, the tank was too big.  But the jeans.  Oh, I loved the jeans.


They actually looked good on me and they were comfy!  But I just couldn't justify the price tag.

Verdict:  Both pieces went back.

41Hawthorn Rosa Tab Sleeve V-Neck Blouse--$58


Gator Blue but a little plain looking hanging up.



Paired with Pixley Rita Teardrop Bib Necklace--$42


I liked it!

Don't mind the weird hair!

I really liked the necklace with the shirt.


But I knew I could find one cheaper.

Verdict: Shirt--kept, Necklace--returned.

41Hawthorn Sloane Colorblock A-Line Ponte Shift Dress


Absolutely adorable!!

I couldn't wait to put it on!

 Unfortunately, it was a little too tight right below the belted area and I felt like it hit at a weird spot at the knee--should have been a little shorter.  Sad because it was so cute!


The overall total was $344.  With my credits and the Buy all discount, it would have been $238.  I decided just to keep the blue shirt.  And I was honest that this stylist wasn't my favorite.  Maybe not too nice but as you'll see below, it worked!!

Stitch Fix #4

Today when I opened my box and looked at my pieces, I was so excited!  I think this was my favorite box just taking everything out!  This stylist nailed my style!!


I love that she paid attention to the fact that I loved orange & blue, and she looked at my Pinterest!

Mystree Quentin Colorblock Pleated Fit & Flare Dress-- $68


I so loved the look of this one!


Absolutely adorable!


But I feel like the top looked weird on me.  I think the waist hit at a weird spot.

It looked cute sideways


But I feel up close, the top just looked funky on me



Verdict: Sadly returning

Skies are Blue Sergio Cut-Out Overlay Crew Neck Top--$38


I loved the design on this.


And the color!


But unfortunately, it was too big and baggy.


Verdict: Returning

41Hawthorn Chevron Cross-Front Top--$48



Really cute in the picture


But then it looked a little weird hanging up.


However, I loved it on!  I loved the print and that it was a cross-front that I could wear (usually I can't because the gap open and this one didn't at all!)

Verdict: Keeping!

Collective Concepts Vicente Pleat Detail Henley Blouse--$48


Loved the color!


But it looked a little boxy hanging up


And it was--too big


Verdict: Returning

Pomelo Downing Striped Knit Shirt--$44


Again, loved the color!


Cute hanging up--but


it fit well and was cute but I'm just not sure it's worth the price.  I feel like I could find something similar at Old Navy or Target.

My overall total was $246.  With my Styling Fee Credit and Buy all Discount, my total would have been $169.50.  Not bad and I was totally prepared to keep all of them if I liked them all.  But I only decided on that one shirt.

But overall, I was really happy with the style and look of this box.  I hope I keep this stylist!

Did I make the right decision?  What do you think?

If you'd like your own Stitch Fix, you can sign up here

http://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3868441

(it's my referral code and I do get credit)

Have you used Stitch Fix?  If so, how did it work out for you?  Or are you planning on trying one?  If so, let me know how it goes.  I love seeing all the outfits!!

4 comments:

  1. Love the shirt you kept! And such a shame about the dress - I think it's really cute but I see what you mean about the top. I feel like if the waist part was straight across instead of being weirdly angled like that... if you know what I mean... but yay for your stylist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! Although I still haven't had a chance to wear it!

      Delete
  2. Love the shirt you kept. I loved my first shipment but the past two have been horrible. I wrote a pretty big nastygram to them, with very detailed instructions...I hope they nail in the next shipment or I am back to Nordstrom Rack.

    ReplyDelete