Sunday, November 2, 2014

Weekly Recap- October 27-November 2, 2014

This week was a step back in running.  I have a new injury after last week's double races so I took it easy and bailed on running at the beginning of the week.  I'm not quite sure what's wrong.  I think I've narrowed it down to piriformis syndrome or sciatica pain.  Basically, it hurts from the bottom of my butt to down the top half of the back of my thigh.  Both aching pain and shooting pains.  It's feeling mostly better now (and was a slight pain during my run yesterday).  But the weird thing is it hurts to sit for a period of time.  I have to keep shifting my weight.  And I can't get to the pain with my foam roller, trigger point therapy ball or Stick.  Here's hoping it is just a temporary thing!

Monday-softball.  We won again!  But my pain really started acting up and got worse.

Tuesday--bailed on running.  I woke up at 4:30 to run but had to bail on the group because I was in pain and I knew it wouldn't be smart.

I went to a Norwex party that night for a couple of running friends who are running the Walt Disney World Marathon and raising money for Hope Water Project.

Wednesday--rest.  I went to a Chef's Dinner with Meghan (Meghan on the Move) at David's Club at the Omni Hotel.  We were absolutely spoiled!  Each month there is a featured ingredient.  October's was mango.  We were treated to wine and 6 courses of delicious food!

Thursday--bailed on running.  Kory had a client event at Animal Kingdom and I got to attend.  We had lots of yummy food and desserts (including ice cream bars!), got to see the Festival of the Lion King, and ride Everest!


Friday--rest.  I dressed as Anna for the Character Parade.

We didn't really feel like partying so we went to see Gone Girl at the Fork & Screen Theater.  I enjoyed the movie a lot but thought there were way too many holes in the ending.

Saturday--8 miles in 1:32:35.  Faith & I got up super early to run.  Time flew by!  Mile 1: 11:26, Mile 2: 10:47, Mile 3: 11:06, Mile 4: 12:19, Mile 5: 12:22, Mile 6: 11:56, Mile 7: 11:20, Mile 8: 11:15, Average Pace: 11:34.

I had a 3 hour training at Disney then I met up with Kory at Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the second half of the Florida/Georgia game.  And we actually won!!!  Woohoo!  Go Gators!!

Sunday--rest.  Meghan got in to the Disney Parks Blog Meetup to see Big Hero 6 and took me as her guest.  My friend Derek worked on this movie so I couldn't wait to see it.  I wasn't sure what I would think but I loved it!  We also got to meet Hiro & Baymax!


Even Bella got in the fun with the Baymax glasses.


Then we headed to the Magic Kingdom with 4 goals in mind--get the Haunted Mansion Dooney wristlet (check!), get Meghan the Orange Bird cup (check!), try the new waffle fries (check!), ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (no check--the line was 2 hours long!!  Why are there so many people here???  We decided to come back another time).


Total miles this week: 8
Total  miles in 2014: 308.34
Total miles: 1376.33

No comments:

Post a Comment