Sunday, January 18, 2015

Weekly Recap- January 12-18, 2015

The first week post Goofy and I feel great!!  No pain at all!  After last year's injury, it's such a relief!  And thus, the Run Streak continued!

Monday--1 mile 10:10.  I felt really good during the day so I decided to just go my normal pace and not slow down.  My achilles was a little achey but not too bad!

Tuesday--1 mile in 10:11.

Today was a great mail day!  I got my Stridebox  in.  I have to be honest--I was pretty disappointed with this month's box.  I think I might see how next month's go and then I might cancel it.


Then a month or so ago, I found out I won a Pure Protein contest (for about 15 minutes, I thought I had won the Grand Prize which was an international race..lol)  But this duffle bag is actually quite nice and the box of bars look yummy!


 And then I received my Secret Santa gift from my sister-in-law from Gone for a Run.  It was such perfect timing and so needed.  I love it!

We went to dinner with the Goldsteins for my Goofy celebratory dinner at a local japanese restaurant and got frozen yogurt after.  Yum!  (although Red Mango's frozen yogurt tasted too healthy for me--I'll stick to Menchies!)

Wednesday--1 mile in 9:27.

I went to Firebirds to meet up with some friends for happy hour and to celebrate Meghan getting a new job!  It was really nice and the food and drinks were really good!  I had the Crispy Mahi Tacos (too spicy for me. I could only eat one).  The Pretzel bread and Samuel Adams Beer Cheese---sooooo good!! And the passion punch.




  Then we went over to Segafredo which was the coffee bar.  It had this really cool rooftop lounge.  The girls got some hot chocolate but I was saving myself for dessert later.



 We were right by a Fresh Market and I had heard about their whoopie pies.  I got some along with mini chocolate bundt cakes, a toffe chocolate chip cookie and dried veggie chips (which I have now become addicted to).  The snacks did not disappoint!

Thursday-- ran 3.02  miles in 35:17   Mile 1: 10:51, Mile 2: 11:59, Mile 3: 12:14, Mile 3-3.02: 12:49. Average Pace: 11:42

Friday- 1 mile in 10:01

I attended a Yelp Elite event at Christner's Prime Steak and Lobster.  There were several yummy food and drinks for us to try.  And it's always fun to mingle!


Then Pam, Christina, Carla and I were still in the mood for dessert so we went over to 4 Rivers Smokehouse to the sweet shop there (I didn't even know they had one!)  I had the mint chocolate dipped Oreo that was to die for!  I also had this Earthquake chocolate dessert that was sooo rich!!  Soooo bad but hey, I ran 39.3 last weekend, so I'm entitled! :)

Saturday- 6 miles in 1:08:20.  I met up with Cori to run some of her 10 miles with her.  It felt good and no pain! Mile 1: 11:24, Mile 2: 11:30, Mile 3: 11:33, Mile 4: 11:24, Mile 5: 11:25, Mile 6: 11:02, Average Pace: 11:23



Kory and I went to dinner at Red Robin so I could get that milkshake I had been craving since I was diagnosed with strep (when they were out of milkshake mix!)

Sunday- 1 mile in 8:52.  At the halfway point, I noticed I was running a 9:29 pace.  I decided to see if I could speed up to make my overall pace under 9.  Check.

I worked at Disney in Gangster in the morning.  Gotta get those hours in.

Total miles this week: 14.02
Total miles in 2015: 72.56
Total miles: 1667.69

2,015 in 2015 miles: 176.77
Run Streak Days: 18

1 comment:

  1. You are rocking it, Andrea! And it looks like you had a fun week too!

    ReplyDelete