Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Race #56- Lighthouse Loop Half Marathon

Meghan and I headed to her hometown of Port Orange on Saturday October 25th to run the Lighthouse Loop Half Marathon the next day.  I was excited to run a race in a new city!

We picked up our race packets




and headed to dinner at Our Deck Down Under.

Yummy crab legs!!


We spent the night at Meghan's mom's house (thanks Meghan's mom!) and got up early for the race!


I wasn't really sure what I was expecting to run.  I hadn't run a half since my injury and my pace wasn't up to what I was wanting yet.  So I decided to just take it for what it was.


We ran on a road that was near the water.  You could see it when there was a break in the buildings.

I ran for about 30 minutes (or 3 miles..don't remember which one I was aiming for) and then started my intervals.  After a straight stretch down the road, we ran into a park and saw the lighthouse!



Then we came out and ran back the other way.  Right at the very end, we had that bridge.  Whew!



  But my run interval started at the bottom so I ran the whole way up!  (It doesn't look so bad in the picture but it wasn't particularly fun right at the end!)

I knew I *might* be able to hit a PR but wasn't sure.




 Sure enough, my official time was 2:20:13, a 1 min 26 sec PR!  I was very happy!!



Meghan and I hit up the beer to get our must-have selfie (although I didn't like it and only took it so we could have the picture :)  )



It was a great race!







I placed 55 out of 94 which isn't so hot and overall 560 out of around 1030 so that's a little better.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time!!! I only take selfies so I can remember races too, I hate photos of myself. You look fabulous though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a nice race! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete