Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Race #57- Give Kids the World Gingerbread Run 5k

I was so excited to run the Give Kids the World Gingerbread Run 5k back in November!



 I've been wanting to volunteer at the village and so was interested in getting a look around.

I met up with Kelly, Kacie, and some of their friends as well as Meghan.



I wasn't quite sure what my plan was for the day.  I had the Wine & Dine Half that night so I decided to just run how I felt.


As soon as I started, I knew I felt good so I took off!

The run was absolutely amazing and inspiring.  The village was not at all what I was expecting.  It's like a themed neighborhood with all of these fun things to do where children can escape from their illness for a while.

All along the route, there were signs telling stories about the kids that were there.  There were also lots of characters out and about and families cheering the runners on.

I pushed it hard and got a big PR!!!  I finished in 26:55, a 2 minute PR!  I really wasn't expecting it!!



(Oh look, a picture of me stopping my watch--shocker!)

We walked around after the race was over.  There was some yummy treats and characters to see.





I came in 59th out of 1276!!  Not bad!




I absolutely loved this race.  It was small enough to where I felt competitive but large enough that I felt like it was a fun race.  And not only that, the race was for an important, inspiring charity.  I definitely think this is going to become an annual race for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment